These activities will equip students with the suitable knowledge, techniques and practical tools to achieve the objectives of the course, permitting them to maintain an open and self-didactic attitude when addressing new problems and conditions, new laws and technologies and new environmental-social challenges and perceptions.
According to the general objective of this course and the professional profiles set out in the Verifica Report, students should obtain the following specific competences:
1. The capacity for a multidisciplinary approach to environmental problems
2. General regional planning and regulation
3. Preparation and implementation of environmental impact studies
4. Preparation, follow-up and monitoring of environmental projects; design and application of sustainability indicators; evaluation and prevention of environmental risks.
5. Planning, management and preservation of natural resources
6. Economic evaluation of environmental assets, services and resources; identification and evaluation of environmental costs.
7. The ability to develop and implement environmental management (GSGA) and quality (SGC) systems, as well as the ability to design, produce and carry out environmental audits.
8. Preparation, implementation, coordination and assessment of waste management plans; polluted soil management.
9. Preparation of air quality studies
10. Design and implementation of environmental education and communication programmes.