The short distances between the various university centres means that it is easy to walk between them; however, there are numerous urban bus lines that stop in the centres or nearby. These buses also stop at the railway station. More information on the urban bus service.
The University offers a free shuttle service for trips on the Science and Technology Campus: the free University Train. The stops at the beginning and end of the line are the Science Building (the Renfe Alcalá Universidad railway station) and the Polytechnic Building, respectively. The train departs approximately every 20 minutes, stopping at practically all the university buildings, entering the Science and Technology Park.
- First departure leaves: 7:40. Renfe Alcalá Universidad railway station.
- Last arrival: 10:30. School of Engineering.
- First departure leaves: 13:30. School of Engineering.
- Last arrival: 15:30. School of Engineering.
To reach the Guadalajara Campus teaching centres you can use the urban bus service:
- From the Renfe Station: Lines R1, L4, y C2 (stopping at Constitución). Line C1(stopping at Constitución, only on the return journey to the Renfe railway station)
- Desde la Estación de autobuses: La línea L3 (Parada Cardenal G. Mendoza) y unos minutos a pie.
Faculty of Educación:
- From the bus station: Line R1 (Renfe-Universidad Centro) and L6 (stopping at Dos de Mayo). Line L4, only on the return journey to the Renfe railway station.
From the bus station: the journey is walking distance.
You must be a registered resident of the municipality of Guadalajara to obtain both the new XGUADA card and all transport season tickets except the Ordinary and Monthly tickets. More inforamtion bout prices and tickets.
Trains depart every five minutes at peak times and every 10 minutes during the rest of the day, except for trains to Guadalajara, which leave every 15 minutes at peak times and every 30 minutes at other times. The estimated journey time from Madrid to the town of Alcalá is 39 minutes. The journey time between Alcalá de Henares and Guadalajara is 17 minutes, and 53 minutes between Madrid and Guadalajara. You can obtain more information at the RENFE website.
There are also buses to Alcalá de Henares and Guadalajara from the bus transfer point in Avenida de América in Madrid. The journey time between Alcalá and Madrid is around 30 minutes (45 minutes between Alcalá and Guadalajara).