- GET TO KNOW US
ADMISSION AND GRANTS
The Degree in Environmental Sciences aims to produce professionals with a multidisciplinary and global view of environmental issues from various knowledge sectors. This training will take into account the scientific, technical, social, economic and legal aspects of environment, for the preservation and management of natural resources, territorial planning, environment management and quality in companies and government bodies regarding health, as well as communication and education based on sustainability.
These profiles can be situated in various sectors, related to prevention, management and correction of activities affecting the environment. These sectors include:
These activities will equip students with the suitable knowledge, techniques and practical tools to achieve the objectives of the course, permitting them to maintain an open and self-didactic attitude when addressing new problems and conditions, new laws and technologies and new environmental-social challenges and perceptions.
According to the general objective of this course and the professional profiles set out in the Verifica Report, students should obtain the following specific competences:
1. The capacity for a multidisciplinary approach to environmental problems
2. General regional planning and regulation
3. Preparation and implementation of environmental impact studies
4. Preparation, follow-up and monitoring of environmental projects; design and application of sustainability indicators; evaluation and prevention of environmental risks.
5. Planning, management and preservation of natural resources
6. Economic evaluation of environmental assets, services and resources; identification and evaluation of environmental costs.
7. The ability to develop and implement environmental management (GSGA) and quality (SGC) systems, as well as the ability to design, produce and carry out environmental audits.
8. Preparation, implementation, coordination and assessment of waste management plans; polluted soil management.
9. Preparation of air quality studies
10. Design and implementation of environmental education and communication programmes.
|Basic training (B)||60,0|
|Degree Final Project (Ob)||12,0|
Students of this degree should show an interest in scientific knowledge and technological innovation in environmental issues, with a critical sense for interpreting environmental phenomena. They should also be able to work in multidisciplinary groups with a communicative, original and friendly spirit; have a high level of commitment to society and nature, and the goal of making progress in solving environmental problems.
Graduates in Environmental Sciences can engage in their professional career in the following fields:
Consultancy and evaluation of environmental impact; environmental management in the civil service; environmental quality management systems; environmental auditing; environmental management, environmental technology, and environmental education and training.
These activities take place in a wide range of economic sectors, including local, regional, national and European government bodies; environmental auditors and industrial, energy, transport, construction and civil engineering companies; education centres and non-governmental organisations.
There has been an increase in the demand for specialists in environmental issues in recent years, as a consequence of the social commitment to the environment. This tendency is anticipated to continue in the future.
Course 2008/09 FIRST YEAR
Course 2009/10 FIRST AND SECOND YEAR
Course 2010/11 FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD YEAR
Course 2011/12 FIRST, SECOND, THIRD AND FOURTH YEAR
Antes de realizar la matrícula es imprescindible leer la información que figura en el apartado de planificación de la enseñanza y toda la información detallada siguiente: