Cercanías suburban railway network trains on line C2 (Chamartin/Alcalá de Henares/Guadalajara) depart from the stations of Chamartin, Nuevos Ministerios, Recoletos and Atocha, stopping at Alcalá de Henares station. The train timetables are listed on the Renfe website.
There are departures approximately every 5-8 minutes during rush hour and every 10-20 minutes at other times. The estimated journey time from Atocha to Alcalá de Henares is 37 minutes.
Since October 2004, access to the Campus has also been possible on the new Civis Cercanías suburban train, saving considerable time compared to the standard service.
Buses run by the company ALSA bound for Alcalá de Henares leave from Madrid (at the Avenida de América transfer point). The journey time is approximately 30 minutes.
Buses also leave Torrejon for Alcalá de Henares:
- Line 251 Torrejón de Ardoz - Valdeavero - Alcalá de Henares
- Line 252 Torrejón de Ardoz - Daganzo - Alcalá de Henares
You can reach Alcalá de Henares from Madrid via the A-2 Madrid-Barcelona motorway. There are various exits you can use to reach the city, although the first one is number 23, from where you can reach the city centre and the various buildings in the historical district.
Cercanías suburban railway network trains stopping at Alcalá Universidad station (Science and Technology Campus) and Alcalá de Henares station (Historic Campus) depart from Guadalajara and Azuqueca stations. There are departures approximately every 15 minutes during rush hour and every 30 minutes at other times. The journey time from Atocha to Alcalá de Henares is 19 minutes.
The train timetables are listed on the Renfe website.
Buses run by the company ALSA bound for Alcalá de Henares leave from Guadalajara. The journey time is approximately 15 minutes.
- Line 221 Guadalajara (Guadalajara Campus) - Alcalá de Henares (C.C. La Dehesa) - Madrid
- Line 221A Guadalajara - Alcalá de Henares (Historic Campus).
You can reach the historic campus From the La Dehesa shopping centre by urban bus line 5.
You can reach Alcalá de Henares from Guadalajara via the A-2 Madrid-Barcelona motorway. There are various exits you can use to reach the city, although the first one is number 34, from where you can reach the Science and Technology Campus and the city centre, and the various buildings on the Historic Campus.
The President's Office Building, also known as the Colegio de San Ildefonso, is located at plaza de San Diego, s/n, right in the centre of Alcalá de Henares, very near the railway station and the inter-city bus terminal.
- TomTom navigation systems: to use this service, you need to download this ZIP file, unzip it and copy the two files its contains directly into the folder containing the navigation map on your GPS (normally Iberia or map of Spain). Once you have done this, a new point of interest called Rectorado UAH will appear in your browser.
- ViaMichelin navigation systems (ZIP) and how to use them. .
- Other navigation systems: using the coordinates Latitude: 40.48314 and Longitude: -3.36359..
Google Maps gives an aerial view of the President's Office and the city of Alcalá, with both its streets and its buildings visible. Among other services, this page offers a "how to get there" facility for a specific destination by entering the origin and destination points of the desired route, as well as printing, zooming the map in, etc.